This new IRONMAN aero helmet model has been designed and tested in wind tunnel by EKOI as an excellent alternative to the chrono helmet.
The AERO16 will save you watts compared to a traditional road helmet, with the advantage of being worn on very mountainous routes (when aerodynamics are not essential) or when it ‘s very hot (because it is more ventilated than a traditional chrono helmet).
It is light (265 gr with magnetic screen) which avoids neck pain and it is proven that wearing the magnetic screen while protecting your eyes really optimizes air penetration
The design of the AERO16 screen will give you a wide and incomparable vision in the aero position, avoiding pulling on your neck to see far ahead.
The AERO 16 is designed to beat your records at T1 (transition 1) because it is the easiest and quickest helmet to put on (positioned screen and magnetic chin strap clip).
Finally, its magnetic screen can be raised with a perfect integration matching the helmet shape
Aero helmet designed and tested in wind tunnel to optimize air penetration.
– Weight in size S (52-54 cm) 265 g. with magnetic screen (230 gr without screen).
– Delivered with 3 different category 3 removable screens.
– Adjustable occipital support from bottom to top and adjustable by wheel.
– Ekoi magnetic buckle designed to waste as little time as possible during transitions.
– Ventilated straps to wick sweat
This helmet is designed for speed and is an alternative for competitors who do not wish to use normal time trial helmets which are less ventilated and cover the ears. It will be perfectly suitable for mountainous routes where aerodynamics is not predominant.