You, the trail, synchronized
Trail riders are mountain biking’s most demanding crowd. They require a bike that effectively balances fast climbs with ripping descents that can also tackle tight switchbacks and withstand repeated daily punishment. It’s an ambitious order. We love that. We re-engineered the Speedfox to be the elusive ‘quiver killer’.
It is light, sturdy, capable of adventure, yet still eager for all-out speed. A ride for any trail, anywhere. The Speedfox’s premium frame, with its state-of-the-art geometry and low standover height, delivers maneuverability around challenging features, yet offers confident, straight-line stability – whether that’s going up or coming down.
Integrated protection and internal routing make the bike look sharp, but also keep cables and parts safe during long, hard rides.
Advanced riders constantly adjust their suspension platform and seatpost height to optimize their bikes for the terrain ahead. We engineered Trailsync technology to elegantly link the dropper post and platform damping technologies so that any necessary adjustment happens in the blink of an eye, with just one remote lever.
The Speedfox’s suspension is firm when its seatpost is up for pedaling. Once you get to the top of a hill, one flick of a lever simultaneously drops the saddle and opens the platform damping for a smooth, plush descent. Trailsync’s cable-actuated components and integrated seat mast are internally routed, so the technology doesn’t interfere with the Speedfox’s neat aesthetics. Fewer levers and cables also save some grams.
APS – Advanced Pivot System
Smooth is fast. The best suspension designs provide control and confidence so you can ride without hesitation. We optimize our Advanced Pivot System (APS) for pedaling efficiency and smooth operation on each of our full-suspension mountain bikes to handle the demands of the terrain the bike is intended for.High Level Integration For more than a decade BMC has led industry integration and design-developing innovative engineering solutions in our unique Impec Lab.We invent groundbreaking frames and technology, then refine and integrate those technologies for maximum rider benefit. We’ve eliminated external cable housing from handlebar to chainstay and blended suspension and frame guards seamlessly into the design of the Speedfox. The result of all this effort is a beautiful, sleek design that also performs.
- Frame: Speedfox 01 – Premium Carbon Frame (F&R) – 120mm 29” / 130mm 27.5”
- Fork: Tapered steerer 1-1/8” to 1-1/2”, 51mm offset for 29” / 46mm for 27.5”
- Seatpost: Trailsync
- Frame Technology: Trailsync, Advanced Pivot System Suspension
- Sizes: S / M / L / XL
- Frame Weight: 2330g*
- Frame: Trailsync integrated suspension lockout/dropper post combination, Internal Cable Management, Integrated Mud Flap
- Frame: X-12 Boost Axle – 148×12/12 Standard
- Fork: Tapered steerer 1-1/8” to 1-1/2”, 51mm offset for 29″ / 46mm for 27.5″
- Seatpost: Integrated Trailsync Dropper Post, S 27,5″ 80mm / M 27,5″ & 29″ 100mm / L & XL 29″ 120mm Drop
- Bottom Bracket: PF92
- Brakes: Postmount 140mm (other sizes with adapter)
- Drivetrain: Side-swing front derailleur compatible, Replaceable standard or direct mount rear derailleur hangers
- Tires: 27.5″, 29″ / max. tire width 58mm (6mm clearance)
*Frame weight for lightest finish, incl. shock