The fastest bike on earth finds a new ‘f’ocus: form, function, fit.
The all-new Timemachine is tailor-made for triathletes. The culmination of four years of studying the needs of multi-sport athletes, a three-year aerodynamics partnership with Sauber Engineering, and two years of final product development, the Timemachine is the new benchmark for triathlon-specific equipment.
With legendary SubA aerodynamics performance, the Timemachine’s recipe for success is clear – superior tube shaping, maximum component integration, and an extensive rider positioning system.
For middle and long-distance triathlons or time trials, the new Timemachine is the must-have bike for races against the clock.
Following a two year partnership with Sauber Engineering, anewly revised SubA concept summarizes our aerodynamic advantages: 3:1 tubes with truncated profiles, crosswind-stabletube shapes, hinge-fork design, a super-lean frontal area and maximum integration overall. Combined with our Position-to-Perform (P2P) rider-position system, this machine is all about free speed – for long course triathlons, time trials or solo efforts in wind-swept terrain.
BMC brought the first hinge-fork to the market more than adecade ago, but being the first is not enough for our engineers. We have refined the third generation of our proprietary hinge-fork to create an even leaner frontal area with seamless form and maximized function. Hidden brake calipers, cables,and housing, and an all-new hidden seat clamp make this bikefeel practically invisible to the rider and more importantly, the wind.
Dual-purpose, Rider-focused Fit
A slippery-fast frame is a good start – but adding a versatile, aerodynamic positioning system for the rider breaks records. There fined Position-to-Perform (P2P) system lets triathletes find their ideal contact points without sacrificing aerodynamics, no matter how aggressive or conservative their front-end position.
Stable in crosswinds and lightning fast in straight lines, predictable handling in your aero position, an adaptable cockpit for short or long reach preferences and high or low stack heights, the‘Quick-pad’ brake cartridge system for swapping out your racing and training wheels, fuel and equipment storage…all of the signs point to multi-sport performance. If your race includes abike split, this is the machine for you.
- Frame: Timemachine 01 Premium Carbon Aero Frame
- Fork: Timemachine 01 Premium Carbon Hinge-Fork
- Seatpost: Timemachine 01 Premium Carbon Vmax Aeropost – Dual-mount
- Frame Technology: Vmax Aero Performance Innovations
- Sizes: 4 sizes: S / M-S / M-L / L
- Cockpit: V-Cockpit / Flat-Cockpit – Vmax, Integrated Design + p2p Technology
- Frame: Brake Booster Technology p2p Dual-Mount Aeropost Configuration, Seat Tube Storage Box Mounts, Top Tube Fuel Storage Box Mounts, Internal Di2 battery mount
- Brake: SubA integrated brake design (F&R)
- Frame: Standard QR 130mm, Horizontal, adjustable dropouts
- Fork: Standard QR 100mm, Untapered steerer 1-1/8”, Vmax Hinge Design
- Seatpost: P2P Dual-Mount Aeropost 01 Premium Carbon
- Bottom Bracket: PF86
- Brakes: Brake Booster Technology, ‘Quick Pad’ Interchange System
- Drivetrain: Braze-on front derailleur mount, Replaceable rear derailleur hanger
- Tires: 27mm maximum width***
- Misc.: Top tube fuel box mounts, Rear-mount storage box, Down tube dual-mount bottle cage option
**Average sample weight with hardware
***Tire dimensions based on measured tire width
Ultimate versatility: The V-Cockpit (spec on all complete bikes and frameset optional) offers optimal aerodynamic performance for taller pad stack dimensions, while the forward-offset promotes vertical compliance – a state-of-the-art blend of high-performance and comfort.
Fully integrated 3rd generation hinge-fork ensures a lean frontal profile, seamlessly integrated brake calipers and a revolutionary, new cockpit mounting system that promotes both form and function.
A rear-mount equipment storage box, top tube fuel box mounts, and down tube dual-mount bottle cage options add up to a dedicated triathlon weapon.
The Flat-Cockpit (optional on frameset, not included with complete bike) offers the maximum aerodynamic advantage, letting riders attain the lowest possible pad stack configurations.
Hidden Brake Booster Technology increases the brake-lever-pull to caliper-free-stroke ratio ensuring the brake pads provide sufficient clearance at times of wheel flex. The system allows for the complete disconnection of the cockpit (when paired with electronic shifting options) for travel purposes.
Equipped with the patented Quick-Pad cartridge system, the revised caliper design improves overall brake function and aerodynamic performance. Perfect placement of the rear wheel thanks to hollow, full-carbon adjustable dropouts.