Asymetric Design by ACE Technology
Our in-house Accelerated Composites Evolution (ACE) technology accelerates the development process by light years. Using this virtual prototyping process instead of traditional methods meant we could explore more tube shape options for the Teammachine. Analysis of the load distribution from the rider and brake-induced forces, led us to asymmetric tube structures on the fork, bottom bracket and chain stays. Asymmetric tube shapes enable us to continue to deliver the superior ride experience the Teammachine is famous for.
We’ve become obsessed with integration. It takes some thinking outside of the box, but finding innovative ways to shape carbon fiber tubes to integrate cables and components with the frame, without sacrificing performance, is one of our favorite challenges. Integration has a distinct purpose: to protect from wear andtear through exposure to dirt. The Teammachine SLR02 Direct Frontal Flat-Mount eliminates extra material to shave off grams. Our engineers also cleverly nested the Di2 junction box out of sight within the frame. If your friends didn’t have bike envy before, they definitely will now.
Lightweight premium carbon
The equation behind creating the stiffest, lightest and most compliant bike is a mix of knowledge gleaned from years of unbridled experimentation at our Impec Lab with the know-how of an engineering team skilled in bike-specific carbon technology. Once ACE Technology did its job to define the perfect tube shapes, our Impec Lab technicians scrutinized carbon lay-up methods to define the strongest yet lightest construction for the Teammachine SLR02.
- Frame: Teammachine SLR02 Carbon Frame, Disc-specific
- Fork: Teammachine SLR02 Carbon Fork, Disc-specific
- Seatpost: Teammachine SLR02 Carbon “D” Compliance post
- Frame Technology: Advanced Composite Evolution (ACE) Technology
- Sizes: 47 / 51 / 54 / 56 / 58 / 61
- Frame Weight: 1045g*
- Fork Weight: 405g**
- Seatpost Weight: 195g***
- Cockpit: Integrated computer and camera mount
- Frame: Internal cable management, Integrated seat clamp, Di2 Junction Box integrated in the frame
- Brake: Flat-Mount
- Frame: 12 x 142mm thru-axle
- Fork: 12 x 100mm thru-axle, Tapered steerer 1-1/8” to 1-1/2”, Disc-specific
- Seatpost: 15mm offset (0mm offset available)
- Bottom Bracket: PF86
- Brakes: F&R Flatmount Standard 140/160mm
- Drivetrain: Braze-on front derailleur mount, Replaceable ultra light sandwich rear derailleur hanger
- Tires: Designed for 25mm, maximum 28mm****
- Misc.: Light Thru-Axle Design (F&R=70g)
*avg. Frame weight, size 54, lightest finish, incl. derailleur hangers
**avg. Fork weight, lightest finish, excl. headset compression device
***avg. Seatpost weight, lightest finish, incl. clamping Hardware
1, 2, 34,000…. BMC’s proprietary computer technology evaluates thousands of versions of a frameset design, ensuring the final product delivers the performance riders demand.
Rider’s choice – Aesthetics should not be an afterthought – DTi allows BMC frames to look like the precision machines we designed them to be, regardless of drivetrain variations.