The demands of cross country mountain bike racing require a maneuverable machine that inspires confidence when you scream down the final descent into a sprint finish. A long top tube, slack head tube angle and a wide bar paired with short stem and chainstays is our recipe for making big wheels roll fast and turn easily. The entire Fourstroke family is built around this super progressive approach to bike geometry.
Chasing the podiums of World Cup races is all about maximizing technical advantages. A frame that weighs merely 2.5 kilos is a fantastic place to start. Advancements in carbon technology combined with the skill of our Impec Lab’s engineers resulted in an industry and race-leading machine for XC and Marathon mountain bike racing.
Our Advanced Pivot System (APS) for the Fourstroke family focuses on efficiency and reducing rider fatigue. APS’s high tech design promotes extreme pedaling efficiency. How extreme? World Champion extreme. Thanks to the efficiency of APS, the Fourstroke is one of the only full-suspension bikes in the world to have won the XCO World Championships.
- Frame: Fourstroke 01 Premium Carbon Frame (F&R) – 100mm
- Frame Technology Advanced Pivot System Suspension and Big Wheel Concept Geometry
- Sizes: 3 sizes: S / M / L
- Frame Weight: 2040g (M)**
- Frame: DTi compatible, Integrated single-ring chain guide, Internal routing for lockout, Initial Load Indicator
- Frame: 12 x 142mm Thru-axle (Shimano)
- Fork: Tapered steerer 1-1/8” to 1-1/2”, 51mm offset
- Seatpost: 31.6mm
- Bottom Bracket: PF92
- Brakes: Postmount 160 / 180***
- Drivetrain: Bottom-pull front derailleur – High-direct, type mount, Replaceable standard or direct mount rear derailleur hangers
- Tires: 2.25” maximum width****
- Misc.: 200mm x 50mm shock dimensions, 21.84 x 8mm hardware, 36T maximum chainring, single ring drivetrain
**Average sample weight with hardware
***Rotor sizes adapted for some frame sizes
****Tire dimensions based on measured tire width
The Fourstroke is our most pedal-focused APS platform – with superior small-bump performance and maximum efficiency for amazing traction and aggressive accelerations.
The Fourstroke 01’s full-carbon dropouts are designed for a 12x142mm through-axle system and are assembled with specific Shimano or Sram direct-mount derailleur hangers depending on the groupset.
The tapered steerer (1-1/8” to 1-1/2”) compliments the BWC recipe of long reach, a short stem and wide handlebars for great front-end handling.